Exploring New Technologies and The Future For Our Youth
Advanced reservations recommended: EAA Chapter 1240 Aviation Development Center, Sebring Regional Airport – January 26, 2018
Social Hour starts at 6:00 PM, Dinner 7:00 PM
- 30 year astronaut with NASA. Led the team to repair the Hubble telescope.
- Inducted into the Astronaut Hall Of Fame in 2003.
- Flew on six spaceflights. He performed the first shuttle spacewalk on Challenger’s first flight.
- Served with the U. S. Marines where he became an aircraft electrician, engine mechanic and a pilot.
- Accumulated 18,000 hours in over 160 aircraft.
- Parachutist with over 800 free falls.
- Earned six graduate degrees in math, computers, chemistry, medicine, physiology, and literature and has been awarded 20 honorary doctorates.
- Part-time trauma surgeon.
“Airplanes became a very, very major part of my life with the amount of time I spent in them. I flew airplanes across the spectrum from very slow sailplanes to supersonic jets and it didn’t matter to me: one was not better than the other.”
Upon flying in an AirCam; “This better than flying at Mach 25!” ~ Story
- Working with Sebring EAA Chapter 1240 Youth Members building an AirCam
- Operates a palm farm in Orlando, Florida.
- A production company in Sydney.
- A sculpture company in Burbank, California.
- Is a landscape architect.
- A concept artist with Walt Disney Imagineering,
- An innovator with Applied Minds Inc.
- A professor of design at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA.